Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TimC

TimC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

Hello All. TimC here.
I am as old as dirt and have been "computing" since my buddy, "Rocky", invented the wheel.
Although I worked on many different computers over time (mainly at the local college), my first "personal computer" was a TI-99. (I still have that one and a few more from family....want to buy one or two ?)
It was fun writing and reading "BASIC" back then. You would think that would lead to a career in computers..nope. I already had a career in Automatic Temperature Controls for commercial buildings. Actually, writing the "for / next" loops, etc. in basic, helped in my controls business when computers started taking over the control of the temperature in buildings.
So, I continued in the Controls business for the next 30+ years and watched computers / networks / web access take over most aspects of the business.
All the while, I kept reading and learning more about personal computers. It is amazing just how much we depend on them now.
Observations:
1. If the "Internet" was disconnected all kids over 8 would just walk around in circles mumbling.
2. When was the last time you saw a teenager actually "write" a letter.
3. When you believe that you are pretty good at computers, there is always a 15 year old that can show you up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ronald110

ronald110

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hi all. I am Ronald new here. I hope I'll gain share my ideas in windows. I found this forum with rich in environment.I am interested to learn all aspects of windows section.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users