Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking Selected IP`s access to Windows XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Bull

John Bull

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

Please can anybody advise if there is a way to selectively block IP`s from accessing Windows XP. I have a block call facility on my telephone and can block selected Emails myself. What I want is a simple means of blocking selected IP`s from accessing my PC. A user friendly method of blocking IP`s and unblocking them.

Not particularly interested in packaged software, but will listen if it is free. I had in mind a method where by I could create an internal tweak that I could add or delete IP`s as needed.

These IP`s are not necessarily Malware, they are addresses I do not want to access my PC. All operational websites have this facility, even Forums.

If the procedure for doing this is complicated, then I will withdraw as I am not a Geek and have no wish to become one, but the result may still be of value to other readers.

Many thanks
John

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2010 - 08:41 AM.
Moved from XP to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JosiahK

JosiahK

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

You might be able to do this with your firewall.
OnlineArmour: http://online-armor.com/webhelp3/FWAdv.html
Comodo Firewall: http://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/customizable-ip-addreress-blocklist-block-ip-address-ranges-t31009.0.html;msg232666#msg232666
Both are free.
Quod non mortiferum, fortiorem me facit.
I don't read minds. Please help everyone by answering any questions and reporting on the results of any instructions. Query any concerns and explain problems or complications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users