Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my PC is acting up, BSOD, dwm.exe crashes, please help!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djvic87

djvic87

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

Hi everyone. I know this post may sound similar to the previous one I made so once again I apologize. The previous post I made was about the unexpected shutdown that I experienced this evening. But after a short while, I started noticing that the desktop would change to classic aero, or something like that. I figured out that the dwm.exe kept crashing every 5-10 minutes. Next thing you know, after a couple of minutes, I received a BSOD, and the few things I saw was something saying "MEMORY MANAGEMENT".

The first thing I tried was doing a system repair with window 7 and it found no errors. However, I did a memory test and it did find a system error saying that a system hardware failure has been detected, to contact your manufacturer, etc. I can't really recall what it said. Anyways, I built this PC. The second thing I tried was memtest86, and it didn't find no errors.. So now I'm confused. Now I'm so frustrated because this is the second pair of RAM sticks I installed on my PC because I had a previous RAM failure. I just hope it isn't the MOBO. I will appreciate if anyone can help me figure out what's going on. Please feel free to respond with any suggestions, etc. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

How about posting a complete list of specs. Include the make and model of the RAM.

If your computer will stay on long enough use How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy to post a complete list of your specs.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 djvic87

djvic87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

Here is the link to the specs on my PC.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ak2J49kOI9sKeaXMoP3oMpF

Here is a link to the RAM I purchased off from newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145251

Edited by djvic87, 26 November 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

I did a memory test and it did find a system error saying that a system hardware failure has been detected, to contact your manufacturer, etc.

What test did you run?

Did specify what hardware had been detected with a problem?

Just as a reference, a 32-bit operating system will only recognize between 3GB to 3.5GB of RAM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 djvic87

djvic87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

What I used was the windows memory diagnostic tool under system recovery options (from the windows 7 disc)

When I did the test, it simply just said that it detected a system hardware failure and it said "hardware problems were detected. Please contact the computer manufcaturer" etc.. It did say that the test results will appear the next time I log in but I didn't get the results on my desktop.

Edited by djvic87, 27 November 2010 - 12:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users