Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VB.Net Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dnice2

dnice2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hello I am new to programming and would like to enter the gaming programming field using VB.Net or VB6 one of the problems I have is how to put animation object in my programs, and how to control them to do what I want them to.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

It is pretty tough to answer a question when there really is no question. In your research (googling or binging) for tutorials, is there some content that you specifically didn't understand? A specific search terms would be 'vb animation'. That should get you started.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:58 AM

There is no animation object like you put buttons and other controls on Forms in VB6 or VB.net.

For game programming, you use DirectX and create a device object, draw what you want using DirectX methods and paint it onto your application window.
The process is simpler if you use C++. Do not use VB 6.0 or you will cry for hours. Use VB.net 2008 or above as you do not have to define any functions etc.
You need to install DirectX SDK before you can use it for programming. Go through the help files in SDK for basic starting knowledge.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba&pf=true

I have also seen some VB apps that put a Adobe Flash object in window and then load Flash game in it. But that requires knowledge of making Adobe Flash based games.

Note that game programming is a whole lot of headache because it requires knowledge of many different types including Physics. You might want to join a school/institute/university etc for a well designed course on game programming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users