Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activate Norton Online Backup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sparkyrme

sparkyrme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

I have a program on my HP windows 7 laptop called "Activate Norton Online Backup"--when I try to remove it with add or remove program from Control Panel--it can't be removed. How do I get this program off my computer[/size]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Having done some digging on line for others with your same situation the general answer has been to use Revo Uninstaller.

A free version is available at the above link. I have never used Revo myself but it is highly recommended by others here at BC.

#3 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

I use Revo Uninstaller frequently and it is a very efficient tool that also scans and removes leftover Registry entries. I have never had a problem using it and highly recommend it. Just don't use it to un-install a Steam app. It will remove Steam and the other games with it. Uninstall a Steam app from within Steam.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

Just don't use it to un-install a Steam app. It will remove Steam and the other games with it. Uninstall a Steam app from within Steam.

A nice bit of additional info to keep tucked away. Thank you Zuhl3156.

#5 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

The free version of Revo only works on 32-bit systems, if your HP is 64-bit it may not work.

Dan

#6 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

You're welcome, ThunderZ. I did it once before and almost did it again trying to get rid of the Civilization V demo.

#7 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have 64-bit 7 Home Premium and it works on my system.

#8 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Use the Norton removal tool: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

#9 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Use the Norton removal tool: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

Had thought about that initially. But what I have read on line leads me to believe that will not work in this instance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users