Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG and Combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VersaLife

VersaLife

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

Who here has had recurring issues when running ComboFix on a PC with AVG installed?
I know I haven't had any but perhaps I'm lucky?

The key word is recurring because any AV could have a random issue with ComboFix do to its very nature.

I've used ComboFix to get rid of some of the most pain in the a** malware I've had the sad misfortune to deal with.
Its not a tool to be used lightly and I only use it when all other removal tools / methods have failed. A life
saver is what it is. I would happily donate for development costs as it is not sold for profit. And I just found
that you offer classes for people interested in learning how more on how to battle malware. My experience over
the years have taught me a lot but one can ALWAYS learn more so I will sign up for the classes. That being said the
recent change to CF that makes it unusable on a system that has any version of AVG installed makes no sense.
I suggest that an option to allow users to continue to use CF but with a Yes/No warning about using CF with
AVG installed.

Please reply with thoughts on the issue(s) with AVG and the suggestion on a compromise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi,

the topic was previously discussed here, maybe you will find your answers there: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic360007.html/page__p__2014042__hl__combofix+avg__fromsearch__1#entry2014042

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users