Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot download ANY files from ANY websites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JulieBrokenPC

JulieBrokenPC

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

I was having technical difficulties due to my snooping around with settings I had no business snooping around with, so I contacted someone online (a computer savvy friend) who asked me to install team-viewer to initiate remote assistance so he could see what the problem was, this is where I first noticed I wasn't able to download files. After numerous attempt, I was still unable, no matter what, to download Team-Viewer Now since this mishap, I have been unable to download any files. I tried a few different files, from different websites, including Skype, Team-Viewer, Google Earth, and more...
This is what happens, I'll click the download link, a dialog box appears that gives me the option to "save file" or "cancel". I click save file, and that's it. Nothing happens.
Usually, a second box would open where I would select the destination for the saved file but this box doesn't appear. Like I said, I've tried this with Skype, Teamviewer, and Google Earth, same result every time. I click save file, and that's it.
Can anyone help me out please?
I NEED to be able to install Skype ASAP since I use it for college and work!

I had this posted in another topic and I was told my best bet would be to post it here...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cookmiester

cookmiester

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hello, this is not a malware infection! Please do the following. Go to your browser, and go to the google chrome download page. This will launch a downloader and installer for google chrome, without the annoying, save and nothing happens thing your having. It's automated. And should work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users