Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB 2.0 - adapter or iPod?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PsychicGypsy

PsychicGypsy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

Ok, so the computer that I've been using for the past year or so (and my first one that I have all to my own) is pretty old and run down. It only has 256 megs of ram, 2.0 ghz processor, nvidia geforce mx420 (or something like that, the video card is from the 90s) - basically it's past its prime. But now I just got a (very slightly) newer computer from my cousin for free. It has 512 megs of ram, a 2.8 ghz processor, and a USB 2.0 port (omg right??). So I was just wondering - with the 2.0 port, should I connect my iPod or my wg111 netgear wireless adapter to it. There's only one port, and I sync my iPod all the time, but I also go on the internet almost daily. They're the only two USB 2.0 devices I have, so it's either one or the other.

Also, my router is a piece of junk also. It's pretty old and I can't really see it giving me too fast of speeds to begin with. It would usually give me download speeds of about 200 kb/s on my old computer, but that was USB 1.1 ports.

Windows XP home edition 2002 SP3 Dell dimension dim3000 intell pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz 512 mb of ram.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

Get a usb hub something like this will do for you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817175013
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users