Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

first my sound disabled, then a harddrive dissapears, strange docs, pop ups and some.... "OH Man what have I done"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stila_R8dr

Stila_R8dr

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:23 AM

Hello

It started with my sound being disabled.

Then a second hard-drive, which I use for storage, disappeared (not seen in my computer, bios, set up and cmos screens). I have since unplugged the drive and plugged it back in and now it is seen.

Firewall was turned off.

Pop ups

Errors while on the web like…. Exceeded bandwidth limitations blah blah, no remote linking allowed on this server, timed out errors o plenty, server busy or not available.

Task bar changes

Documents in my “Recent Documents” folder that I have no idea what or where they came from. These documents were supposed to JPEG.
When I clicked on one of them (1 out of 4), it popped up a window "No Disk" asking me for a disk…
“Insert disc into drive and press OK” and “CANCEL” and an “X” on the upper right corner to close the window. What I thought was really strange is that the x and cancel button operated.
I went to “My Documents” to find these JPEG/DOC’s I did a visual search and could not find them. I went to the top of the page in the search bar and searched for these mysterious documents and searched for them entering the names of the file. It tried to take me to a Yahoo web site. It was not successful because I had it disconnected from the net.

An unknown icon in control panel.

The newest thing now is that all of my “word” documents are blank.

Oh yea….. I also got fooled by one of them Emails that was sent from a friends computer to mine that he said is infected and is sending itself out to everyone in his contacts list. OOPS!

AM I INFECTED?

It is Windows XP pro.

It doesnt like it when I try to run any antispywhereisnortonitsakesperacy virus program of any kind.
If it does run it says its clean.

I think thatS about it?.....

Many Thanks in Advance
Tony

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users