Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security blocking program installation and downloads. Is it a virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Darkie

Darkie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

Dear all, I recently installed a brand new Windows 7 Ultimate and a couple of days after that strange things began to happen. Almost each time I try to install some program (for example Photoshop CS5, Guitar Pro 6 and some others), a window pops up and says "Windows Security. Some files have been deleted." At this point the installation stops. The same happens to some downloads.

Besides, I've downloaded the Spybot. It tells me Windows Security Center is off. When I try to turn it on, it says WSC can't be started. The same happens to my administrator security settings. They are off and I can't turn them on.
The computer's behavior looks like there's some virus in it. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users