The things I am having trouble relating to each other are:
- POP vs. IMAP and how to determine where each is used
- email account, email client, email server, email provider
- where messages are stored
- how different programs(?) interact or don't --- Gmail and Thunderbird (and configurations to make them useful) for example
If these topics can be explained in light of my desired usage (as detailed below), it would be of great help to me. Here are my current uses and my desired next step:
- current uses
- one Gmail account for purchases and forum communications
- another Gmail account for personal communications only
- one Yahoo Classic account for stuff that does not need to be categorized
- desired next step
- a new email account for online sharing (Screencast, Photobucket, Snagit, etc.)
- a way to manage all of the above except the Yahoo account
Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Edited by wkid, 25 November 2010 - 10:09 PM.