Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen Pops Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lilangel

lilangel

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hello I recently purchased a brand new computer , and the first thing I did was upgrade the Vista Service Pack from 1 to 2 from the Microsoft Website...

I haven't even made the system restore CD's.. was I supposed to make them before or can I still do them?

Anyway, my problem is that while I am surfing the internet, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then it goes away.... The computer is not even a month old and I wonder what is causing this? Does it have anything to do with me installing service pack 2?

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hi!

When you say "then it goes away" do you mean the screen starts working again normally? Or does it go black permanently?

As for what might be causing it, it's relatively hard to tell. For starters: Have you updated your video drivers?

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 lilangel

lilangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

The screen starts working normally again.

How do I update my video drivers?

Thanks for your reply :)

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

You're welcome!

You'll need to find out what video card you're using first. Then, pop over to the manufacturer's website and you can download the drivers there.

If you still have trouble, let me know.

unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#5 lilangel

lilangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! My computer is back to normal. :inlove:

#6 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

You're very welcome :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users