Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EventID: 4427 and Event ID: 4691

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garalare

garalare

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Event ID: 4427:
Failed to initialize the needed name objects. Error Specifics: d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\dtc\dtc\msdtcprx\src\dtcinit.cpp:215, Pid: 2860

No Callstack, CmdLine: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}

Event ID: 4691:

The run-time environment was unable to initialize for transactions required to support transactional components. Make sure that MS-DTC is running. (DtcGetTransactionManagerEx(): hr = 0x8004d027)

Can someone tell me how to fix these application errors? I admit I have absolutely no idea what I'm dealing with.

Why do the error specifics point to drive d: ? Drive D is a partition that contains the recorvery files for my HP desktop on my hard drive. Why would something be calling for that? It is inactive as far as I know, until I press F8 while booting up.

I am running Windows XP SP3 Media Edition 2005. I believe this issue is somehow related to my wireless PCI adapter. Recently I reinstalled the operating system on my hard drive, it created a system recovery partition D: which I expected, no surprise. Also I have been experiencing startup speeds of 54 Mbps and then it gradually drops down 48, 36, 28 and then jumps around. Is this even related? Until I repair the connection using windows repair function it will start again at a strong 54 Mpbs and cycle down again. Any ideas how to remedy this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4427&eventno=4494&source=MSDTC%20Client&phase=1

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4691&eventno=5463&source=COM+&phase=1

Louis

#3 garalare

garalare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

The following fixed my problem:

EventID.Net
In most cases, this means that MSDTC is not installed properly or somehow got corrupted. To reinstall it, follow these steps:
- Go to the command prompt
- Change directory to C:\%windir%\system32
- Type: msdtc -uninstall
- Restart PC
- Go to the command prompt
- Change directory to C:\%windir%\system32
- Type: msdtc -install

I then received this message:

Event ID: 4104

The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator service was successfully installed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Thanks a bunch, Louis

Edited by garalare, 26 November 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

Glad it worked for you...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users