Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting and Exploit Rogue Scanner

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ktl1351

ktl1351

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

Hi. My computer has been redirecting all searches (in IE and Firefox) to random websites since last night. I'm running Windows XP and we did try to download Adobe Flash Player yesterday, so I'm wondering if maybe that was the problem. We deleted Flash Player this morning, but that didn't fix the problem. So,if anyone could help, that'd be great.Occasionally we see a pop up window that says "Threat Detected" and underneath that it identifies the threat as "Exploit Rogue Scanner (type 1634)" if that helps at all.
Thanks.

EDIT: We ran AVG security software earlier and it didn't catch anything. We also ran MalwareBytes and it pulled up 12 things. We removed all of those, but nothing changed. I can post the logs if need be.

NOTE: Every time I try to post our log from HijackThis (I've seen others doing it), we get a "Internet Explorer cannot find webpage," so I'm not sure we'd even be able to post that if you requested it. I tried emailing the log to myself, same issue. The only way I could post anything (email or here) was to take out the log.

Edited by ktl1351, 25 November 2010 - 04:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users