Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer display blurry when using AGP video card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rei Santino

Rei Santino

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

This problem is solved. Please read the post below to see my solution. Good luck to all those who read!

--

I was recommended a XFX PVT44AWANG GeForce 6200 256MB GDDR2 video card by my friend Derek, who is using the same computer as me, A Dell OptiPlex GX270 with BIOS revision AO7. My onboard video card works fine with Windows Vista and XP as far as resolution and sharpness goes, I can get the full 1366x768 out of it and have a nearly crystal clear display. But when I use an AGP video card (one that fits into my PCI slot on my motherboard), I get a slightly blurry resolution. All of the text and images are kind of hard to see from a distance away, and this is a problem because my computer monitor sets about 3 ft from my face, making it unusable by my daily means.

Noteworthy is that I have tried three different operating systems - Windows Vista, Windows XP and 7 - and two different video cards - my current and a Radeon 9200 - to no avail. Same exact result on both. I'm using a Dell IN1910N 18.5" inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor, if that would have any bearing at all on it.

Please help; I only have 5 days left on my warranty for the video card and need to return it if my motherboard isn't compatible or some such similar scenario.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Rei Santino, 26 November 2010 - 01:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rei Santino

Rei Santino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

I fixed this by navigating to the menu on my monitor and auto-adjusting the picture. The source of the problem was something to do with my display "Phase". It was set to a very high number, turning it down made the image crystal clear.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this topic helped someone. If not, then best of luck to you in finding a fix to your problem!

-Rei

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for posting your solution :thumbup2: For future readers what is the make and model of your monitor?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users