Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:15 AM
I may have solved it. Apparently, a game i downloaded, league of legends, installed a piece of software called pando media booster, a tool for rapid p2p file transfer, which i think it uses to fetch updates. This software starts upon boot and seemed to consantly use connection, about 50kbit/s. My guess is that, maybe due to incompatibility with win 7 or with my a/v it caused my network to become unstable. I disabled it and yesterday i could run a full game in league of legends without losing connection.
I found out using win 7's resource monitor. It seemed like a good tool, but if there are any other better (freeware) pieces of software for diagnosing network problems i would be glad if someone could provide me with a link
Manufacturer:HP Pavilion 061 CPU:Intel Pentium 4 640, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) RAM: 1024MB Motherboard:Asus PTGD1-LA Chipset:Intel Grantsdale i915P HDD:Main256GB Ext512GB Video:Radeon X600 Series Internet:DSL 2mb/s OS:Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Firefox+IExplorer AVG Internet Security