Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to always "always display image" in Gmail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pominator

pominator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

I am wondering if it is possible to always display image in Gmail, without having to click on Display image or Always display image from this sender link. I don't understand the utility of not showing the image automatically in gmail, maybe only to save bandwidth of google servers or to help low speed Internet user. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

I don't understand the utility of not showing the image automatically in gmail, maybe only to save bandwidth of google servers or to help low speed Internet user.

It is used for the reasons that you have stated but it is also to protect the user from images that load viruses or malware. Unfortunately there is no way to turn it completely off as far as I can see.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users