Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivir Solution Pro, just a different name.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Liablydead

Liablydead

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

Well, a few months ago I had to deal with the unknown Antivir Solution pro, and the only thing that fixed it was Combo Fix and Emsisoft antimalware. I got it again (it, using a different program name) and I need to use combo fix, but there is a problem. I tried to uninstall AVG and it came up with an error stating that this "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" is a restricted file that cannot be deleted, so AVG can't be uninstalled from my computer. I tried to go to AVG about it, and they were no help at all. I come here to hope for a way to get this file from my computer.

Note, Hijackthis does not find this file, I have ran searches and they haven't come up with anything and I have done numerous google searches as to what or why this file is so hard to find and/or delete.

Please help. :D

Edited by Liablydead, 25 November 2010 - 09:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Liablydead

Liablydead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

Dissregard my post. It took a little bit, but I was able to get the job done.
Here is a detailed description of what I did.

I used regedit to find the HKLM, which was changed to HKEY, went through all the directories and got to the windows folder. On finding it, the error popped up telling me I didn't have permission to get into the folder. You must hit ok and another one will pop up asking if you would like to change the permission settings. Say yes and change the permissions to all. You must find your normal account and add it to the permission users you will be updating. Once I did this, all the files in that folder appeared and I was able to uninstall AVG.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

Nice self-help...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users