Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect on Google/Random Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jennlovespie

jennlovespie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

As I arrived home from school, my dad asked me to help him out with his computer problem. Turns out his computer has been restarting at random times, and all his google searches get redirected to spam sites or most show the firefox warning of a malicious website, even when we try to access bleeping computer or yahoo answers.
The computer is running on windows xp.
We also get this warning every time we try to access a new page:
"The information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"
or:
"Reported Attack Page!
This web page at 64.111.196.126 has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

this is the address i see:

http://64.111.196.126/c.phpbd32b4mZVlkmppk2ycZWatYJpnrJevlatph8aVY7SWkWJ3nXmYlZjCk4diaJWim3pgrGqcmJKdrZxkxJVraZdgYmGXZMeVk5ZkYGRpxmZoaJaYZ2Ji

I've run Spybot search and destroy and tdsskiller. each time ssd finds and removes the same thing, even after rebooting. tdsskiller found and removed another file, and doesn't find any problems anymore. After a bunch of googling on my own laptop, I thought hitmanpro 3.5 would help. I can't even get it to run.

I'm guessing it's malware. Could it be anything else? I haven't created any logs yet since I'm not sure if I need to. Any advice would be great.

Jenn

Edited by jennlovespie, 25 November 2010 - 06:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jennlovespie

jennlovespie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

ugh, i'm really sorry i uploaded this topic three times. i was uploading it on my dad's computer and i guess i found another problem... the laggg. it will work perfectly fine for a few seconds, and then all of a sudden, nothing will ever load.
I do not know how to delete the other two posts, so i apologize for it.

EDiT: No problem, I will delete the duplicates and leave this one ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 25 November 2010 - 08:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users