First it gave me the BSOD and repetitive reboot. Then I got it to boot into safemode (f8), then I restored my computer to a date from earlier in the month of November. After I did that It wouldn't boot properly and every option would then give me the dreaded KSOD. Also after that no Restore Points Found.
Pulled out the Vista Recovery disk and then when I select Start up Repair it tells me could not detect a problem. In the Diagnosis and repair log it says no problems found in each section. Under Boot status test "Boot status indicates that the OS booted Successfully."
I then scoured the web for possible solutions to my problem. I tried to fix Boot via command prompt in Win REovery using these and other similar instructions:
and I've also tried:
- chkdsk every which way says no problems
- KSOD fix(http://www.logicitc.com/blog/?p=102)
- sfc /scannow get "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"
- to run SFC. From the Win Vista install CD "C:\>SFC /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows\". Received Application Error: The exception breakpoint - a breakpoint has been reached (0x80000003)occurred in the application at location 0x7354764a. Click ok to terminate program.
- I've run bootable repair recoveries from:
- AVG Repair
- UBDC (Failed)
- Rescue CD
- Dr Web (Failed)
- Trinity Rescue Disk
- KAV 2008
Note: F-Secure program did detect a rootkit virus and a few Trojan Gen type virus and could only rename or quarantine the viruses. The other ones detected the Trojan.
I also noticed that if i left my computer at KSOD the Windows system Screen Saver would come up after a while.
I have accessed my Sony laptop hdd using a ide cable and my old HP Laptop and have backed up all my important files. Before I go and reformat the Sony laptop, I want to be sure that I have done everything I can to try to repair it. Does anyone out there know what I can do to fix this and only in command prompt????
I appreciate your help and solutions in advance!