Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ervjr

ervjr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Okay is have a

Mainboard : Asus P5N32-SLI-SE-Deluxe
Chipset : nVidia nForce4 SLI X16 Intel Edition
Processor : Intel Pentium XE 930 @ 3000MHz
Physical Memory : 2048MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
Hard Disk : Seagate ST3500410AS ATA Device (500GB)
Hard Disk : Seagate ST3500630A ATA Device (500GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A
Monitor Type : LCD Monitor - 17 inches
Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Yukon 88E8053 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
Operating System : Windows Vista ™ Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.00.6000 (32-bit)
DirectX : Version 10.00
Windows Performance Index : 4.4 on 5.9

now i had a problem with my computer not booting up and so i took my cpu to a pro shop to get fix. Now he calls me days later say my ram wasn't compatible so i had four sticks, he took out two so i brought new ram and the computer started to do the same thing. so then it hit me why is it that these two are the only ones working so i took those two out and put two others in the other two slots dont work. so i leave one on one side and put one back where it came from it comes on wow right...so i got to look at the ram and its only recognizing one stick of ram saying its a 1g ram so i put both of them back now it says i have 2 gbs i need to figure this out because sims 3 takes alot of memory.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

No offense, but I feel as if people would respond more if they understood your situation better...

By the way, 32-bit OS will not support 4GB of RAM, but usually around 3GB at most.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users