Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

free space keeps changing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 craz

craz

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

I was getting really close to my max on C drive, so I deleted a buch of files. I went to about 9GB free, and then checked periodically, and it was a different number every day. Now I am down to 3GB free but I have not made 6 gb of changes. This happended before, a few weeks ago, I was under 2 gb fre, and then suddenly went back to about 8...
Please note that the files I deleted were shadows of photos. I still have them in my recycle bucket, just in case --- but on the day I deleted them to the recycle file my freem space increased. They have been in the bucket since, neither increasing or decreasing. So, what could be affecting my free space?? thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 26 November 2010 - 08:09 AM.
Moved to XP from Am i Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users