Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Are Some Good Pc Games?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:54 AM

I havent got a new pc game in probably a year. I did get a new version of Empire earth 5? months ago(the expansion) but I have not really got a new pc game in a while.

I want to get these 4 games so far.

Call of Duty 2
Age of Empires 3(demo was great fun!)
Star wars Battlefront 2
Battlefeild 2

These look like some really cool games. What other games are fun?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

Four Words: Beyond Good & Evil.

It is a little known game made by Ubisoft. Its got everything: A great story, fighting, stealth, and minigames! I got the PS2 version early 2004, and I absolutly LOVE it!!!!!! :thumbsup:

The game is available for every system, including the PC. I bought the PS2 version because I don't have a video card powerful enough to run it, but judging from your wishlist, your computer will probably have no trouble running it! You can download the demo here:

Beyond Good & Evil demo!!!

If you decide to buy it, then you will have to hunt for it, but it should be very cheap (very sadly, it didn't sell too well :flowers: ). Trust me, it is one of my favorite games. I hope you'll like it!!! :trumpet:

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:42 PM

I would reccomend Half Life 2 and Rome: Total War, possibly F.E.A.R (I don't own it so I can't give any helpful reccomendations other than the demo shows a lot of the game's power).

However, depending on how good your computer is will obviously change much of the games, more so Half Life 2 and FEAR.

Rome: Total War- Think playing the board game Risk, but instead of rolling dice, you get to command your army first hand against the enemy, having thousands of soldiers on screen at a time will be likely the longer you play it.

Half Life 2- Popular first person shooter. I don't really know how else to describe it other than that, exept that it is a beautiful looking game with the environments, not like always dark hallways like in Doom3.

F.E.A.R. - An awsome looking first person shooter that isn't for the weak heart, lots of blood and gore in this game. However, the enemy soldiers pack some awsome AI and there is a slo-mo effect that looks amazing with the physics, sparks, bullet holes, and other debris flying around. Like said, I don't own it, but I've read a review and played the demo. The review I read said that the game gets a little repetative because it doesn't really change all that much. In Half Life 2 for example, you go from large out door environments to indoors and there are two long levels where you drive a boat and later a buggy. Fear has been said to not have a large difference in levels, making it a little repetative at times, but it still looks kickass.

Edited by Wizdabest, 29 November 2005 - 12:43 PM.

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:58 PM

I must throw in my opinion on Half-Life 2. It's an AWESOME game, especially if you run it with full effects (to get the entire pleasing visual experience). However, it's still just as fun with the specs turned all the way down.

Also, you might want to check out Far-Cry. It's an FPS set in a jungle, so there's lots of lush foliage (sp?) and water effects. The gameplay is very nice, and has a nice feel to it.

I can run both of these games on my factory box (AMD 64 3800+, 1gig RAM, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 (128mb VRAM)), so you shouldn't have a problem.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

Well my pc should not be a problem. I have a AMD 3200 64bit and 512mb ddr 400mhz ram. My ati 9200se 128mb video card should play them.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I like action games. My fav games are empire earth and age of empires. I have the original AOE and its well boring because its just old graphics and such.

I cant wait to get Call of Duty 2. I have never played the first one just saw it on tv and said I want that one. I dont have a PS2 or any game system so I buy whatever game I want for pc. I think ps2 games and some other system games come for pc too.

I just want to get some cool games to play.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

Well my pc should not be a problem. I have a AMD 3200 64bit and 512mb ddr 400mhz ram. My ati 9200se 128mb video card should play them.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I like action games. My fav games are empire earth and age of empires. I have the original AOE and its well boring because its just old graphics and such.

I cant wait to get Call of Duty 2. I have never played the first one just saw it on tv and said I want that one. I dont have a PS2 or any game system so I buy whatever game I want for pc. I think ps2 games and some other system games come for pc too.

I just want to get some cool games to play.

9200se? If i'm correct in thinking, isn't that close or the same as a geforce 4? You should get a midrange video card like a 6600gt to get some dx9 goodness from the better looking games like half life 2 and farcry, though half life 2 should look good on any settings, eye candy is cooler. but that is just a suggestion.

For action, I think Battlefield 2 takes the cake. Do you play a lot of 64 player Strike at Karkand?

Edited by Wizdabest, 29 November 2005 - 03:21 PM.

#7 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

medal of honor spearhead!!!!!
lmao good game

#8 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:12 PM

isn't metal of honor the first WWII game 'series' in terms of releasing a new game like every year or two?

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:04 PM

" Do you play a lot of 64 player Strike at Karkand?" What?

The 9200se 128mb card is a good card. It isnt the best but when I built the system I only had so much money to spend and I went for a big CPU and medium sized graphics card.

#10 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:34 PM

" Do you play a lot of 64 player Strike at Karkand?" What?

The 9200se 128mb card is a good card. It isnt the best but when I built the system I only had so much money to spend and I went for a big CPU and medium sized graphics card.

woops, sorry. my bad, upon reading your first post once more I realized I missed the "I want these four games" part. Strike at Karkand is a Battlefield 2 map and its a totally insane urban map showing how cool the game can be because of its urban setting and when played on 64 player servers, the battles are quite chaotic.

#11 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

I'm not sure you can run BF2 on a 9200se. :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#12 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:23 PM

I'm not sure you can run BF2 on a 9200se. :thumbsup:

and It would be terrible if it could especially since BF2 seems to be a very graphically demanding game. You'd need a good DX9 card to actually enjoy the looks of most, if not all the games mentioned in this thread, with the exeption of maybe Half Life 2.

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:19 AM

Actually Battelfield 2 will play on my system. The requirements are a 1.7ghz cpu,512mb ram
and a 128mb graphics card. Looks like I barely meet the requirements!

#14 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

- Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700 or ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 Mb of RAM

Edited by Mr Alpha, 02 December 2005 - 12:10 PM.

"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#15 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

Yes so since I have 128mb on the card it should play. I guess having more would help it maybe but it will play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users