Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer starts but no video

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rfgggg

rfgggg

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

hey all i just recently bought some new parts for a computer...my first build....and its not really working...i got this mobo ....this psu ....and this cpu ....put it all together and plugged it all in and...nothing...it powers up as soon as i flip the switch on psu but the fans just spin cd drive spins and so does hdd but i get nothing on my vid card.....yes i have tried the vid card in another computer and it worked fine....ive tried unplugging everthing other than cpu ram and vid card...still nothing.....ive heard that sometimes the psu is the problem....can anyone tell me if it is?

thanks in advance....

EDIT: Edited to activate links. ~tg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

I would love to help, but can you link those parts properly.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

What graphics card do you have? According to your links, which do take time to get through, your PSU is 350W which may not be able to power certain GPU's. Are you able to view the POST or does your video card not turn on at all the second you power up the PC?

Edited by DJBPace07, 24 November 2010 - 09:55 PM.

3939.png

#4 rfgggg

rfgggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

well bout the time i posted that i went back and just cause i could hit the switch and it worked...by the way...ive got a 256mb asus x1600 series card...i know the psu can handle it cause a 150w used to....anyways now ive got one other problem....ive got two hdds ones ide the other sata...i installed a clean copy of windows xp on my sata and some where during that process it deleted my old copy of windows off the ide even though i only told it to install to the sata...but now theres some boot files on the ide and the os with some more boot files are on the sata and if i tell it to boot from the sata it gives me an error like the most recent one of <windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt even though its not...but if i tell it to boot from the ide it works fine even though the os in on the sata...and i really cant figure this one out....i wanted to get some files off the ide then install ubuntu on to it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users