Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WARNING - DON'T USE THIS FORUM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric_801

Eric_801

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

WARNING. DON'T USE THIS FORUM. I tried to get help here. They finally replied after 8 days, apologizing for the delay, and asked me to generate the same logs all over again. I said nothing had changed, and I wasn't going to generate them again. They then replied "best of luck on your computer issues" and locked the topic. They won't being getting a Paypal donation from me. Maybe that's why they are hurting.

You should read this before you try to get help here. Their response is at the bottom.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic360886.html/page__pid__2019838
Don't post here or wait around for an answer. Post your logs on some other forum.

11/24/2010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

It is perfectly reasonable for the malware helper to request new logs. Things might have changed since you first posted. If you are unwilling to provide new logs then I don't see why the malware helper should be willing to solve your problems.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Eric_801

Eric_801
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

The computer has been OFF this whole time due to the problems. I don't want to lose data.

The poster didn't give a reason why he wanted new logs, he just locked the topic, and said good luck. If he had given the reason you gave, I would have just told him the computer has NOT been on.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

We are all volunteers here. No one gets paid. Everyone does the best they can, we have a tremendous backlog of topics from people just like yourself. We offer free help, so it's not like you didn't get what you paid for. After that length of time it is SOP to ask for a new log. I might add you neglected to state the computer had been off the whole time in the initial report. Your refusal response garnered the appropriate response. She asked, you refused. End of conversation. She was not rude or inconsiderate in her reply.

Now you tell people to go elsewhere, perfectly within your rights. Good luck with that attitude and getting help elsewhere.

Happy Holidays to you.

I'll save you the long and detailed explanation of why some get helped before others, since you have stated you will be going elsewhere.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

It should also be said that if you had stated to the helper what you stated to us in this topic, it may have been a different story. Instead you were antagonistic with your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users