Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speech recognition in Vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nizzy

nizzy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hello. Yesterday I enabled the Speech recog in Vista to see if I could surf the web with it and other things like IRC. It, after a while let me search using IE and bing, but as I mainly use FF and opera for surfing and IRC, this is little good.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get it to work decently, or at least a free program that will?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:40 AM

For speech recognition to work decently, it is needed to pass the time until the program learn your speaking style, because every man speak differently and every man has different accent!
As time going by spech recognition will work better and better with you
Hope you understand, and hope this help!
Max

#3 nizzy

nizzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Thank you but what I was asking was if it was possible for it to surf and browse with it, if not then are there any free progs people could recommend.

#4 nizzy

nizzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Can no one help, I need a program quite desperately.

#5 AleX

AleX

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

Try this program, PlainTalk Speech Recognition 1.5.4. It's freeware.

Don't know about the Vista, but you can do what you want, I mean, chatting usin' your net browser with Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users