Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

r3.google redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Glitch Guys

Glitch Guys

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

I have seen a number of threads on this and people sending in logs with nothing wrong... no registry hacks, Malwarebytes can't find any thing wrong...

Well you may not be alone. I just reinstalled 2 PC's, simply because every site you went to was not what they clicked on. I assumed that the same person slammed one and did the other as well. After I took them back to the company, they were doing it again.

Turns out their router got hit... and DNS were programmed in:

Seems like and old trick (or proof in consept) that if you keep the default password in your router a carefuly crafted web page could change those settings behind the scenes. Linksys and D-Link are mentioned most often.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Web-Pages-Can-Hijack-Your-Home-Router-82813.shtml

Did some more search and there is a way from the inside to put it back to factory specs and then change the DNS...

No wonder I could not find anything wrong on the PC side.

Hope this information helps those who can't find anything wrong... and change that password

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users