- Ran an offline avira rescue cd and cleaned all files.
- Ran a ccleaner to clear junk files.
- Ran an emisoft full scan and removed all it found.
- Ran a superantispyware professional trial full scan and removed all it found.
- Ran a malwarebytes full scan and removed all it found.
- Ran smitfraudfix.
- Ran combofix (wish I would have found this site before running...sorry ahead of time)
- Ran hijackthis removed invalid entries.
- Uninstalled all anti-malware products listed above.
System appears to be clean and functioning "fairly well". Windows Update has a problem with patches due to invalid image wuapi.dll. In general though I was able to get Microsoft Security Essentials back on the laptop and functioning.
Please review my logs and see if there is anything more I can clean.