Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No system audio but audio works fine in Mediaplayer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buzzerman1

buzzerman1

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

Please help. I posted previously and probably to the wrong forum. I have had a persistent problem with a trojan called Trojan.DL.Small.DTLZ and a worm called Worm.Leave.BD. Everytime I run Stopzilla these show up and I remove them. I'm not sure what all these are doing to my system but here are some symptoms. I have no system audio or audio icon in the system tray, nor can I hear internet videos, although volume works fine for mp3's played in mediaplayer and the internet videos are viewed with no problem. I did some online research on the audio problem and thought I had found a problem with Windows Service Pack 3. I reinstalled it and got my audio back for a time, but then the icon disappeared again and I lost audio. I'm assuming these viruses/worms are causing the problem but I can't seem to rid my system of them. I have had success with combofix in the past but now I'm getting an error that I don't have a compatible operating system. My system also is giving me problems connecting to the internet at times, althought there are no connectivity issues found. Various and sundry other little glitches have occurred, too numerous to mention, and usually go away. I have removed any applications which were recently added as I felt these might be causing a conflict or, indeed, had installed the virus in question. Nothing I'm doing seems to be correcting my problems and I am desperate for help. I tried running the dds script before posting but my system doesn't recognize the file. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Buzzerman1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

Hi Buzzerman and welcome to the forum!

Please do not run combofix unless requested to do so by someone from our malware respose team as it can be dangerous!

I have requested that this topic be moved to our AM I Infected forum to get you the assistance that you need.
Please be patient as tomorrow is a holiday

Happy Thanksgiving
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

I have moved this topic to the "Am I Infected? What do I do?" forum.

As Eyesee mentioned, please refrain from running Combofix unless instructed to do so by someone with training with it.

Also: Stopzilla is NOT a reliable anti-malware tool. I recommend you remove it and choose a better protection program. (Here's a bunch of free ones: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users