Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yasai90

yasai90

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hello.
Well to start off I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3.
Whenever I turn on my computer I get a notification that tells me to install updates. I do so only to get the message

The following updates could not be installed

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

I tried to install this manually via the Microsoft Update site but it tells me that I don't have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. I checked my Add/Remove Programs list and I don't have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, yet I still get prompts to install updates for it. I do have other versions of .NET Framework but not 1.1. What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

What makes you say that you don't have NET Framework 1.1?

If it is installed...download SP1 from HERE and install it from your desktop.

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have a Media Center PC?

Louis

#3 yasai90

yasai90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Well I say I don't have NET Framework 1.1 because I went to my Control Panel and looked in the Program list found in the Add/Remove Program selection. I have other version of NET Framework but not 1.1.

I tried downloading the service pack from the link you provided but I get an error message that says that I am missing the program thats needs to be upgraded or that I am trying to install updates for a different version of that program.

My computer is an HP Workstation x 1100

I am pretty sure I don't have a media center PC though I am not 100% sure what that is.

Thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

I don't know why you get that message, then.

You might try the HP website, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=43563&prodSeriesId=75607&taskId=110

I don't use auto updates...but you might try turning it off...and just manually going to Windows Update.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users