Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot after RAM upgrade :\

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pivotraze

pivotraze

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

So I upgraded my RAM from 512MB to 1GB in one socket, and left the 512MB in the other. It booted once (after install) but after a restart, it got stuck at the Gateway BIOS Startup thing. It gets 90% of the way, then freezes (I've left that there for 30 mins.) If I could get some help, it would be much appreciated as I would prefer not paying the extra 35-69 dollars for a diagnostic (only) from bestbuy or staples. What can I do, if anything?

Thanks in advance,

Cody
Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pivotraze

pivotraze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

Found out what was causing the problem. After taking the battery out, but leaving the power cord in, the computer boots fine. Obviously, something is wrong with the battery (my guess is that it's fried)
Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users