Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost External HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GMG

GMG

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

I know I've removed external drives many times without using "Safely Remove..." but apparently my karma ran out.

Does anyone have any thoughts on saving the drive or the data?

I'd give up Jennifer Aniston's home phone number to save the data. Actually I'm lying. I don't have Jennifer Aniston's home phone number and if I did I wouldn't need the data on this drive. But I really would appreciate any help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Have had good luck WITH THIS.

Disclaimer regarding 3rd party software; Many freeware programs now come bundled with unnecessary add-on`s. Example = Search\Tool bars. Do not be click-happy when installing these type or any other software. Be aware of what you are installing, Uncheck any\all boxes for unneeded\unwanted software. Sometimes this may involve doing a custom install if the option is presented.
[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users