Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Critical Error Requiring Constant Restart?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ragtime_Cactuar

Ragtime_Cactuar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Critial Error - A critical error has occured while indexing data stored on hard drive. System restart required

and

Windows - No Disk - Exception Processing Message 0x0000013 Parameters 0x000007FEF037240 0X00000000000000004 0x000007FEFE037240 0x000007FEFE037240

I've already tried to run MalwareBytes, and have even removed a couple of malwares in the process, but it hasn't resolved the issue at all.

It makes me restart my computer endlessly, so I started just ignoring the message, but then my task bar disappeared. Also, it does not let me run some of my computer's programs, or makes me run them in odd ways.

What do I do? Please help.

As an add-on, I've already tried looking on some other forums, but they've all suggested things which involve using the disk to reboot Windows entirely, but unfortunately, I have misplaced the disk. So, unfortunately, that's out of the running (unless my ONLY option is to go out and completely re-buy Windows Vista).

Edited by Budapest, 23 November 2010 - 10:18 PM.
Moved from Vista ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

Hello and :welcome: to the BC Forums.

The error is a false one, displayed by a fake computer defragmenter and optimization program. It is likely to be one of the following:
  • System Defragmenter
  • Ultra Defragmenter
  • Smart Defragmenter
  • HDD Defragmenter
  • Check Disk

Attempt to find the name of the malware displayed on one of the error messages, and then locate the removal guide for that particular variety of malware, by using the link provided below.

Virus, Spyware, & Malware Removal Guides
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/

If you cannot see there, the name you are looking for, enter the exact name in the search box under "Search Guides", on the right-hand side of the page, and search for the appropriate guide.

Let us know if you don't have any luck with finding a guide that matches your infection.

If you do find the appropriate guide, follow the instructions closely.
Ensure that you do update the MBAM database definitions. <<< Important

The MBAM log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please post the log and let us know how the system is running now.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users