Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

R3Google, redirection, analytics problem


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DanielSF

DanielSF

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

Dear computer experts, we are small group of disabled veterans, we have three computers, our hands do not work so well so we use voice recognition software, our computers are afflicted with what we think is spyware, malware and/or redirection software. We have been struggling for the last month trying to remove it every which way possible we could think of, even following some of your directions we monitored in the background. Sometimes, but not always when clicking on various websites and links using Internet Explorer we are delayed, redirected, or the link does not work for we are directed to some unwanted site advertising some product. Our three computers are running Windows XP. At first, thinking Google was responsible for this we tried to contact them and we tried to remove every trace of Google neither of these actions were solutions. We have even rebuilt, reinstalled Windows XP on one computer thinking this would help and it did not. We are obviously missing a step. We are running Microsoft security essentials, malwarebytes anti-malware and super anti-spyware. All of the software's are up to date we think. At one time we were having a tremendous problem updating malwarebytes anti-malware, that seems to be fixed.

Hopefully, someone can help, hopefully this information will at least give you the background and particulars on what problem we think we are having. The problem is on all three computers and all three computers are networked together. We are using a D-Link router. We have contacted D-Link and have reset the router and explain the problem to them, and they said they could not help us further.
We will be responsive to anyone who can help us. Hopefully we get this right. Daniel – – thank you

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 November 2010 - 09:40 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users