Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error messages while attempting to run programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rattenjunge

rattenjunge

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hello.

I had this nasty infection in my computer, so I ran my antivirus and other tools (Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware). These programs found and deleted several viruses and malwares.

Everything seemed to work fine, until while running Firefox, this message appeared:

C:\...\bin\jqsnotify.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device, path, file...

As well as when I run AutoCAD from a file icon:

C:\...\AutoCAD 2008\acad.exe

Or when I try to open a video file from hotmail without downloading it:

C:\...\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

Or when I've tried to run other tools such as Combofix(with assistance from this forums):

32788R22FWJFW\iexplore.exe

In the case of Firefox, error messages appear everytime a window opens (even pop-ups), in the case of AutoCAD only when I try to run the program by double-clicking an icon, in the case of Windows Media, only when I try to run the program by trying to open a video file from hotmail. I have already had some help in the security forums (first here, and then here). My computer is clean now. However, the error messages are still there. It seems to be a permissions issue, so I've been asked to open a new topic here.

Edited by rattenjunge, 23 November 2010 - 04:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Re: jqsnotify.exe slows down PC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
•Go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall all Java except the newest version.
•Reboot.
•Run Taskmgr and end jqsnotify.exe
Cleanup old Java and update to newest version this program will do it all for you.
•Download JavaRa
http://www.java.com/inc/BrowserRedirect1.jsp?locale=en&host=www.java.com

•After update chose Cleanup old versions. Give it a minute and after it pops up the log file you will see what it removed.
•Then click "Additional tasks" and check "remove Useless JRE files and Remove JavaRa log files.
•After that run Search for Updates again to confirm you are up to date.
•After that run remove older versions again. This time the Log file should be empty.
Now the jqsnotify.exe should run normally.
If it does not you need to deep Malware scans as you may have a Java related Malware.
I would suggest Malwarebytes AntiMalware Full scan to begin.

This was the best of 4 items on the first part of the question -

Thank You -

EDIT -Download link changed -
Fixing your Java may resolve some of the other related items also -

Edited by noknojon, 24 November 2010 - 06:03 AM.

#3 rattenjunge

rattenjunge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

Hello.

I've followed the java related instructions, and I've scanned my PC with Malwarebytes which found and deleted a worm. And now the messages are gone!

Thanks

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

Great news, and thank you for sharing the resolution to your issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users