Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATi Radeon 3400 resolution problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Celianna

Celianna

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

I have an ATI Radeon 3400 graphics card. I own a HP w2007 monitor, its resolution is 1680x1050. I am using Windows XP Media Center.

The problem I have is, that on several games that go into fullscreen mode, the resolution will be blown up by about 4 times its original size, and it'll show me only a portion of the actual game (usually the upper left), like it's zoomed in by a lot. In some games, I can actually move the mouse to sides to 'pan' the screen across the blown up game. Even if I enter the correct resolution of my monitor in the games options, it'll remain like that, no matter what I do. Some games work in their correct resolution, and some games only work if I put this xres=1680 yres=1050 behind the shortcut name. Then there are the games that don't change the resolution, even with all the tricks.

I have updated drivers several times, installed the Catalyst Control Center, but some games just don't get fixed and stay in the zoomed state. I have googled the problem and it seems some people have it as well, but I've never seen a definite answer given to fix the problem.

Any ideas on what's causing it, and what can I do to get rid of it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users