Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip address conflict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cramie10

cramie10

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hi all, just less than 5 minutes ago a slightly worrying message just popped up from the bottom of my screen about an IP address conflict. Its gone now but what I think it said was

Windows Error: There is an Ip Address conflict with another computer on this server.

It may have said something slightly different but thats about the gist. The reason I'm worried is that I have literally made no changes to my network recently whatsoever, no computers added or removed, no printers added or removed, nothing. I connected as normal, and that message just cropped up. My computer still connects to the internet fine, as I'm using it now. My worry is that we might be being Hi-jacked for a connection. Is that a possibility? It's a relatively trouble free matter for me to go to the main computer downstairs and check the logs for the router, but that is very time consuming not to mention the computer is slow.
I understand what the error message means, that this computer has the same IP as another on the server, I just can't understand why or how one of the 4 computers that are on this server would have had their IP's changed. I use a desktop Medion pc, using an Edimax Wifi adapter to connect. The router is a phillips router with a perfectly secure security key.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

What Is An IIP Address Conflict

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users