Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed new LCD - backlight ok, but no video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deeman7777

deeman7777

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:23 AM

I run a small repair business in Michigan. I had a customer with a bad LCD panel on a Dell laptop.

I have replaced over 20 of these panels in the past. I purchased a new, generic panel from ebAY which is compatible with the Dell LCD panel. The connectors all fit and it's the right size to fill the bezel. I hope it's truly compatible.

When I power on the laptop, the screen immediatley brightens up but no graphics, text, or anything appear on the screen. I checked and re-checked the flat ribbion cable connection and it's secure. I assume the inverter is working as the panel does light up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

My first suspicion would be that the new panel is simply faulty.

What was the fault with the original panel? Could you still see that the video drive to the LCD was OK?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Bank of California

Bank of California

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Try plugging into an external monitor and see if it's blank as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users