Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hanging and/or freezing during videos...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Qwazert

Qwazert

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:31 AM

Hi again, haven't been here in a while but now that I've "upgraded" to Windows7, a plethora of new bugs and annoyances are driving me crazy!

The latest problem I am having is while watching videos or playing online games...the PC will freeze outright, or in the worst case, the display blanks out completely with the monitor saying that it is receiving NO SIGNAL from the PC. Once I reboot the machine, everything works normally again (after going thru the whole SAFE MODE restart-thing).
Now, the last time I did a clean install, this problem was evident, but I read somewhere that FLASHPLAYER was the culprit, so I did what they suggested and everything was fine!
Now, after installing a new 1 Tb hard drive (and not being able to copy a disc-image (food for another topic)) I did another clean install and the problem has returned. I cannot find the article and I can't remember what it was that I did to fix the problem...

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trebormuhaha

trebormuhaha

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

if you reboot into safe mode with networking does it still crash when playing videos or flash games ?

heres another thing that might help but probley wont worth a read

extra step when uninstalling

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
2. Click Start, type "%SystemRoot%\system32\Macromed" (without the quotation marks) in the Search box and press Enter.
3. Right click the Flash folder, click Rename, type "Flash.old" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

64 bit browser issues and flash you should be using the 32bit by default
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

Edited by trebormuhaha, 23 November 2010 - 04:00 AM.

Best things since sliced bread

Download UBCD here
UBCD

Trend Micro House Call make sure those nasty little buggers are gone
Click here

#3 Qwazert

Qwazert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

Haven't tried that yet...usually it's the wife's problem while she's playing Facebook games!
I'll give it a try next time I'm on YouTube.

#4 Bank of California

Bank of California

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Is your adobe flash and video card drivers up to date?

#5 Qwazert

Qwazert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

I have uninstalled and reinstalled FLASH PLAYER, and Hardware Mangler says that my current video card driver is up to date.

I should also add that this newest HD is a SATA3 type, and although my board is an older Asus M2N-E, the salesman insisted that this HD would be "backwards compatible" to the MB. He also sold me a SATA3 cable (I needed one anyway) saying that it too was "backwards compatible".
I have since used Acronis to clone my working version of Win7 (on a 80Gb HD) onto this new drive.
Then, using Windows nifty little Partition Resizing tool, I expanded the working partition and then created a second partition for my data.

So far...(fingers crossed) everything is working as it should be, but still this "SATA3" drive seems slower than the old one. I also think that at some point in time, I may have connected the standard SATA cable to the SATA3 HD, don't know if that might have caused all the ruckus.
My gut suggests that this MB isn't quite ready for the SATA3, regardless of what the salesman says. Don't ask me to upgrade my BIOS because doing that always scares the hell out of me!

#6 Antriksh Y

Antriksh Y

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

And are you sure that everything on your PC is compatible with the new drive? And do you really have the very latest drivers for all the components? If it's a clean install, you may need to upgrade.
Do visit my tech blog, Right Now In Tech, follow it on Twitter and Like it on Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users