Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is the process

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trebormuhaha

trebormuhaha

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:56 AM

hi every one just wondering what the process to be allowed to help people remove malware and give advice re infections

just asking as would like to be able to

thank you
Best things since sliced bread

Download UBCD here
UBCD

Trend Micro House Call make sure those nasty little buggers are gone
Click here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

First of all Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Secondly, thank you for asking.

This should give a basic overview of our guidelines for helping. How do I get help? Who is helping me? What advice can be given in this forum

The guideline applies to the other forums as well, not just the Am I Infected forum. As for responding to logs in the Malware Removal forum only trained helpers and staff may reply.

Please post here if you have further questions or need clarification.

Thank you for joining us.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 trebormuhaha

trebormuhaha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

What type of training do i need to have completed to become part of the team

sorry to be a pain but couldn't find that information in the topic you linked

Download UBCD here
UBCD

Click here

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Take a look here at this topic: Malware Removal Training Program :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 trebormuhaha

trebormuhaha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

very cool is this an online based course or do you have to attend a location

Download UBCD here
UBCD

Click here

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:52 AM

It is an online course. I will let Animal explain it more if you would like him to then just ask. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image

As you can see from the image above we have 5 member groups dedicated to malware removal training. They are as follows: Malware Study Hall Admin, Malware Response Instructor. Then the Trainee classes: Malware Study Hall Sophomore, Malware Study Hall Junior, Malware Study Hall Senior.

I can't and won't speak for other Malware Removal schools but for us the training is at this site, and online. If you should apply and are accepted you would be given access to the private forums area where we have an established training area. There you will learn, read, and apply newly aquired skills to remove various forms of malware. You will be guided, coached and encouraged by trained malware experts who have accepted the role of Instructors. Once you have progressed through all stages and have displayed proficiency you would be promoted and placed in the Malware Response Team member group. Then you would be permitted to help our members with their malware issues.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 trebormuhaha

trebormuhaha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

Thank you every one hope to be admitted to the training program at some stage. I guess I will just sit back and help as i can till then

Cheers Treb

Download UBCD here
UBCD

Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users