Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I PAD Next Generation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heshie75v

heshie75v

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Has anyone seen the news of late, about the next generation I Pad...If so what do you think??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,568 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

I think its as expected, but nothing to go on yet. Curious as to the specs, but I am betting a camera and possible a usb port.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

I would love to see a camera on it and a USB port as well, but I would also like to see the price go down but I don't think that will happen. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 symbi

symbi

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I'm relatively new to Apple but their process seems to be that new product keeps the same price point and "legacy" generation drops in price. It does seem that the base config of the new generation usually has better specs than the base config of the old gen for the same price:

Today's 16 GB wifi only at $499 becomes next gen's 32 GB wifi only at $499 and the today's 16 GB might then go for $299 until stock is gone. At least that's how they've done iPhones over the past couple years that I've watched.

What really stinks is if you buy a 16 GB at $499 today and tomorrow the new version comes out with new features, double the memory and the same price. They will probably let you swap, minus a lovely restocking fee. Part of the Apple mystique is that you never really know when a product is going to come out (even their resale shops con't know), you just have to learn the hard way to never buy Apple products on a Monday without scouring their rumor forums online to see if something *might* be coming out. For some reason, Tuesday is their magical new product release day, and there are forums dedicated to guessing which Tuesday the new stuff comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users