Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Experience drops after RAM upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pivotraze

pivotraze

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

I upgraded my ram from 1GB to 1.5GB, here is a screenshot of the new WEI and info of it.

Posted Image

What blows me away is that my overall WEI dropped. My Processor dropped from 4.0 to 3.9.

My RAM dropped from 4.5 to 4.4.

My Graphics dropped from 3.5 to 2.5

My Gaming Graphics stayed at 3.0

My harddisk stayed at 4.8.

Why did everything (almost) dropped???
Proud user of Windows 7 Ultimate

Developer of: Seafire Suite
Developer of: Pivot: Revolution

System Specs: 4GB Ram, Intel i3-2350M,

MaxxAudio® LE

, 1600x900 17.3" HD+ TruBrite LED Screen , and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

How did you increase your ram sounds like you added 512mb stick, how many slots do you have and what makes up the previous 1gb of ram ,and are they matched sticks I'm not sure but having 1024mb in one channel and 512mb in the other channel might not be a good idea. Posted Image For the best dual-channel memory performance on motherboards with the Intel dualchannel
DDR chipsets, you must use identically paired memory modules in DIMM
sockets 0 of channel A and B. Identically paired memory modules must also be used
when populating DIMM sockets 1 of channel A and B. One can, for example, plug in
matching 256MB DIMMs in both DIMM 0 slots, and plug in matching 512MB DIMMs in
both DIMM 1 slots. Dual-channel memory performance is only realized when matched memory modules are
added in pairs, and installed in the correct socket configurations. Otherwise, a system
will revert to the lower-performing, single-channel memory mode. Cheers

Edited by sleepwalker, 23 November 2010 - 01:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users