Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with Java

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SSXVegeta

SSXVegeta

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

Windows Vista Home Premium
SP2
64bit

I ran into some malware issues here a few weeks back, I have dealt with all of that but I have a few issues with my system now that I need to fix~

Considering that I read 1 post = 1 problem in your rules, Ill just post about the Java Issues right now.

It started when I tried to open a game that was Java intensive and it Froze and froze the browser as well.. the error window came up "Java™SE Platform Binary has stopped working.."

So I went to uninstall my java entries so I could install the latest version... I had problems uninstalling them, there were a few entries, one did't even have an "Uninstall" option attached to it the other seemed like it would start uninstalling but then would suddenly ask for the .MSI location~~

When I finally ended up getting rid of these other java versions with the help of CCleaner and JavaRa I went to install the new version - it goes throw a lot of its procedures and then I get an error window = "Java™ Web Start Launcher has stopped working"

I have tried both the online installation and the offline installations for Java~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

It may just be that you have the issues due to not unistalling all your old Java versions when doing your malware cleaning because it is a well known fact that old java Versions can store malware issues within them when getting infected, maybe your best bet is to restart your full cleaning procedure again !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

<<I ran into some malware issues here a few weeks back, I have dealt with all of that but I have a few issues with my system now that I need to fix~>>

Well...if your system has issues...how can you positively assert that you successfully "dealt with all of that"? What makes you believe that you have issues independent of your malware episodes?

Louis

#4 SSXVegeta

SSXVegeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

Why do I get the feeling that people have an attitude.....

System issues include the Java problem and when I boot windows, I get a message about the System Restore, which I believe I know how to fix...

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

<<Why do I get the feeling that people have an attitude.....>>

Well...if you interpret the remarks of someone who questions your ability to overcome malware situations without help...as an attitude...I guess that I have one.

I've seen far too many posters in the O/S forums...who claim to have overcome "previous malware situations"...who were found to be still infected by the MRT.

Oh, well...

Louis

#6 SSXVegeta

SSXVegeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

<<Well...if you interpret the remarks of someone who questions your ability to overcome malware situations without help...as an attitude...I guess that I have one.>>

exactly the attitude Im talking about, not helpful at all

So, Ill just find someone else who actually feels like helping and not just being a smartass~

#7 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

uninstall using latest program:
http://raproducts.org/wordpress/

Try different sites for Java:

http://www.java.com/en/
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp