Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webcam Under $30

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

I've been looking around and I cannot decide which camera to get.

CMOS? CCD? 1.3 MP?

HELP!!

I've looked only at Newegg, so if you guys have any better sites, hit me, I'm open.

Thanks guys

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:20 AM

http://www.PriceWatch.com
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:08 PM

But how do I know if I should get CMOS over CCD? Or 1.3MP over .9MP? I'm just looking the 'more bang for the buck' camera, if you will. I will look on PriceWatch, see what they have there.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:11 PM

I would google ccd vs. cmos and 1.3 vs 0.9 megapixils.
From what I have read ccd is a better picture. As far as megapixils. The more the better. The more MP the sharper the picture. PCWorld has online articles about cameras. With regards to MPs the more you have the more demanding it is on your equipment.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users