Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bigdog1

Bigdog1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

I am running windows XP and recently got a virus or something that severly slowed dowm my computer Which Avast or Malware Bytes could not detect so I decided to do a full sytem restore and at first everything seemed fine.There are two issues one the first thing that pops up on my start up screen is a java update. This comes up before anything else so I do not use the update I cancel it. Secondly and most important After I get all my updates from microsft etc and have to restart my computer a couple times everythings still ok. But when I turn it off and turn it back on the internet does work the heading page will load but not the page itself.I even tried differt browsers and the same thing happens. The heading page will load and one notch of the status will light and then it stops with the hour glass and never completes just frezzes up and the status light on the computer tower stops lighting up as well.But like I said only when I shut it down not by restarting it.I have restored my computer twice this week with the same result.Is this a virus? Does it have anything to with the Java update that pops up? Is it possible my hard drive is dying? :( PLASE HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Some clarifications are needed.

1. By full restore do you mean restoring computer to factory settings by using recovery CD?

2. How are you able to post, since your internet doesn't work? Using another computer, or...?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Bigdog1

Bigdog1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

I used a recovery disk.I am using the computer at my job.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Do you have any errors in Device Manager?

===========================================================================

1. Click Start>Run (Start>"Start search" in Vista).

2. Type in (or copy and paste):

cmd /c ping google.com>%temp%\$.$&notepad %temp%\$.$

and press Enter.

3. Notepad will open.

4. Copy all text in Notepad ([Ctrl-A], then [Ctrl-C]), and then post it (paste = [Ctrl-V]) in your next reply.

=============================================================================

Go Start>Run ("Start search" in Vista), type in:
cmd
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

At Command Prompt, paste this:
ipconfig /all>c:\ipconfig_all.txt&notepad c:\ipconfig_all.txt&exit
Hit Enter.

Copy and paste what you see in Notepad into a Reply here.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users