Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Navigon App Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

Here is hoping someone knows, or can direct me to a better forum. Whenever at a loss, Bleeping Computer is at least a start :D.

I want to get the Navigon App for iPhone but I live in Michigan and am confused as to what region I lie in according to their App. They list Western, Central, and Eastern with an entry listed as just "MI" for both Central and Eastern Regions. I am thinking one of these is Minnesota and one is Michigan or else maybe Michigan is included in both tile sets. Anyone that has this app know what region it is?
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TehM1ZZL3

TehM1ZZL3

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:44 AM

Hi,

Maybe this would help:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/us/produkte/navigationssoftware/mobile_navigator_iphone_us.html

When you rollover on "Map Coverage" you see the listed states avaialbe in that map. It looks like Michigan is listed at central as well as east as what you said. When you see the picture maybe that makes it clear. but I don't know what the difference is. Possibilty is that Michigan is just included in both as you mentioned. Maybe you could call Navigon? They will know what the difference is. Otherwise you could grab the Nothern America map. It has USA and Canada full.

Hope this helps.

Edited by TehM1ZZL3, 02 March 2011 - 07:47 AM.

Intel Q8400
Gigabyte P35-DS3P (rev 1.0)
OCZ DDR 2 1066 4GB
Club3D HD4870 1GB
6 Samsung 500GB (3TB total)
Antec Ninehundred Case
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Roccat Kone Mouse
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 system
Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 26" LCD Screen

Xbox 360 - GT: TehM1ZZL360

0 user(s) are reading this topic