Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan horse/agent.b (Need help ASAP, please!)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MsDoolittle

MsDoolittle

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

Well, doesn't it freaking figure! :ranting: Just cleaned out malware from home computer,then my husband went to work today and an AVG threat window popped up on the work computer with "trojan horse/agent.b". I am stuck at home, but I told my husband not to click anything and to immediately disable the internet connection.

Last Thursday after the wake of my own malware crisis, I went up to work and did cleanup on the work computer, so I downloaded MBAM, removed old Java programs and installed the new Java software. The threat popped up today. I am at wit's end right now. I did do a backup to a thumb drive on Thursday as well (which, if we have to re-format, will be sufficient). We are running QuickBooks, so this is THE most important thing on that computer.

So, now...what is this stupid virus, how did we get it, and is it a backdoor/rootkit program? Also, how do I know if the thumb drive is not infected? From here, what do I do? This is maddening! I HAVE to save my QB files. I can back up to CD also. The computer is still on up there...I don't know what else to tell them other than not to get online. Grrrrrrr.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users