Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser self-launches and goes to ad pages Also Google redirected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Jones

David Jones

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

Hi
Clicking on Google results, get re-directed to other web pages. I think this part of the prob is fixed now since installing and running StopZilla. I've since uninstlled StopZilla. - Edit Problem still exists-

Browser still keeps opening by itself and taking me to advert web pages.

Some web pages that I want to goto and some of the ad web pages are accompanied by an error message (see attached screen shot. I think this has only been happening since unistalling StopZilla.

I use Mcafee Antivirus Plus but it hasn't helped.

Went through all the steps in your Preperation Guide but DDS did not produce any log files. I tried 3 times and disabled McAfee before running DDS. The las time I left it for 30 minutes but still no files were produced.

Have attached GMER log.

Any help would be very much apreciated.

Dave

Attached Files

Edited by David Jones, 22 November 2010 - 04:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 David Jones

David Jones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

It's OK now.
Fixed the problems as my PC had become so slow it was almost unusable so HD format and rebuild today.
Thanks anyway
Dave

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup2:

-----------------------------------------------

This topic has been closed.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users