Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting Virus that is also blocking access to windows update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Troy Boone

Troy Boone

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hello,
I don't know who else to turn to. I created an account just now to see if you guys can solve my problem.
OK my problem is i have a nasty virus or a malware of some sort running on my computer. What ever this virus it is making browsing the internet almost impossible. Every time i try to access a tech site like this it redirects to malicious sites. It also redirects on alot of anti-virus sites. Other wise it sometimes redirects at random, and Windows Update site won't even load at all! Furthermore my computer has slowed down dramatically, and Windows update won't work. Many processes such as explorer.exe and scvhost.exe commonly stop working. I'v noticed that after this my computer crashes more often, is slower, and the graphics are reduced. Sometimes when i try to start a program there will be a long pause of loading then a error message will appear saying the dependency/group or service failed to start. One last important thing wile in safe mode my computer will just shutdown after a few minutes. I'm positive i'm infected with something here is bootkit removers log report.
Any help will be appreciated! i'v tried endless anti-virus programs all failed to detect it. Besides Stopzilla which did detect it as hijackers and Trojans but costs money to remove detected items.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  log1.txt   731bytes   2 downloads

Edited by Budapest, 22 November 2010 - 12:13 AM.
Moved from Vista ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:14 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Troy Boone

Troy Boone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

Thank you so much it found the rootkit. now i have to check and see if everything will go back to normal, or am i going to need to get my computer wiped.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

:thumbup2:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users