Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop becomes unresponsive after several hours of use

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bus483w

bus483w

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hi there

A few days ago my laptop started acting up. After several hours of normal use it suddenly becomes unresponsive. The mouse still moves around but programs running at the time kind of half freeze. When trying to get the task manager up or any other boxes they are displayed empty, also when going over symbols in the control pannel they become empty. I ran a avira scan which came up empty. When I restart everything is fine until after several hours the same thing happens. I am running XP.

I have run some Malwarebytes, ESET online scan and superantispyware but the problem persists. The logs can found here in this topic:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic361430.html/page__p__2023136__fromsearch__1#entry2023136

I will post a Speccy Snapshot soon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bus483w

bus483w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Here is the Speccy Snapshot

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VdS0U3iDzPjCMhliaAaMOPp